This vegan candy potato black bean burger recipe with oats, flax and corn, not solely holds collectively effectively however is nutritious, scrumptious, and straightforward to make with easy elements.
Desk of Contents
Concerning the Recipe
These black bean candy potato burgers have the proper mix of candy, spicy and smoky flavors, plus maintain their form splendidly making them preferrred for baking, pan frying, grilling or air frying.
The burgers are vegan, gluten-free and nut-free so cater to a wide range of dietary wants and are excellent served on a ban, added to salads and bowls or loved as a nutritious snack.
They arrive out agency on the surface and tender on the within and are very simple to make with only a few pantry staple elements.
The mixture of candy potatoes and black beans is at all times a traditional. You can even attempt them collectively in Sweet Potato Black Bean Tacos, Black Bean Stuffed Sweet Potatoes or Sweet Potato Black Bean Chili.
- Black Beans: Canned works nice, simply drain, rinse and also you’re able to go. Kidney beans or white beans additionally work right here.
- Candy Potato: You’ll want about 1 cup cooked, use this method for baking sweet potatoes beforehand.
- Corn: Canned, recent or thawed frozen each work effective.
- Oats: Fast oats are greatest for his or her effective texture however rolled oats or old style oats are okay too. If wanted, use licensed gluten-free oats.
- Flax: Helps to bind the recipe. Ensure you use floor flaxseeds, not complete flax seed.
- Jalapeno: Provides a bit of warmth and taste, be sure you de-seed it in any other case they’ll be very spicy. You’ll be able to omit the jalapeno if you happen to’re delicate to spice.
Please see the recipe card on the finish of the publish for the entire ingredient listing with measurements.
Variations & Additions
- Spicy Kick: Add diced 1-2 chipotle peppers, 1/2 tsp pink pepper flakes, 2 tsp chili powder, or 1 tbsp adobo sauce or sizzling sauce to the burger combination for a fiery twist.
- Umami: You’ll be able to add as much as 1 tbsp soy sauce or gluten-free tamari for added umami taste.
- Herb Infusion: Combine in recent herbs like cilantro, parsley, or chives for a burst of freshness.
- Tacky: Combine as much as 1/2 cup shredded vegan cheddar cheese or 2 tbsp dietary yeast into the burger combination.
- Nutty: Add as much as 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans for extra texture.
- Quinoa: Add as much as 1/2 cup cooked quinoa for added protein and texture.
- Additional Veggies: You’ll be able to add as much as 1 cup shredded carrot or 1 pink or inexperienced pepper. Lower the pepper into small chunks earlier than including to meals processor with the onion and jalapeno.
- For an appetizer choice make them meatball or nugget-sized and serve with dipping sauce. This additionally works for making sliders.
- Slaw: This Apple Beet Slaw, Spicy Carrot Slaw, Quick Pickled Red Onions or the sesame slaw from this Peanut Chickpea Tacos recipe are all good burger toppings.
- Bowl: Crumble the burger over a grain bowl with quinoa or brown rice, combined greens, roasted greens, and a drizzle of tahini dressing.
- Breakfast: Serve the burger patty with avocado and this Tofu Scramble Recipe for a hearty breakfast.
Fast Tip: You will want 1 medium or 1 cup of cooked candy potato for this recipe. In case you don’t have that ready, begin that first. You should use this tutorial for how to bake sweet potatoes or put together them any means you usually would.
Step 1. Add the jalapeno and onion chunks to a meals processor and pulse a couple of occasions to course of right into a tough chop.
Step 2. Add the cooked candy potato and black beans, reserving 1/3 cup of the beans. Course of till principally easy.
Step 3. Add the meals processor combination and the remainder of the elements, together with the reserved beans, to a bowl and blend effectively. Chill the combination within the fridge for 20 minutes. If baking, preheat the oven to 400 F.
Step 4. Form 6 burger patties and place on a lined baking tray. If baking, bake for about 10-Quarter-hour per facet. If frying, prepare dinner in a nonstick skillet for 3-5 minutes per facet over medium warmth. I like to recommend utilizing a little bit of cooking spray or olive oil to prepare dinner.
Cooked patties might be frozen in a resealable container or freezer bag for as much as 3 months. Chances are you’ll wish to place a sq. of wax paper or parchment paper between the patties to stop sticking, or freeze them on a baking sheet earlier than tray to a bag or container.
Reheat leftover burgers in a pan or within the oven for 10-12 minutes at 350 F till heated by way of. They are often reheated within the microwave however get a bit soggy. You can even get pleasure from them chilly for a snack or added to salads.
Cooked patties might be saved within the fridge in a sealed container for as much as 5 days. Uncooked patties might be ready 1 day upfront and saved within the fridge in a sealed container or coated on a plate till you’re able to prepare dinner them.
Preheat the air fryer to 350 F and prepare dinner the burgers for about 5 minutes per facet, flipping after 5 minutes.
In case you don’t have a meals processor, finely chop the veggies by hand and mash the cooked candy potato with a potato masher, then combine the whole lot in a bowl till you’ve got a easy, mixed texture.
Did you do that recipe? I’d love to listen to about it! Scroll all the way down to the remark part to go away a star ranking and evaluation.
Candy potato black bean veggie burgers which are simple to make with easy elements for a flavourful different to meat burgers the entire household will get pleasure from.
- ½ of a medium pink onion
- 1 jalapeno, stem and seeds eliminated
- 15 oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium candy potato, cooked, peel eliminated (about 1 cup cooked, approx. 300 g)
- ⅓ cup corn kernels, canned or frozen
- ¾ cup fast oats (75 g)
- 3 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- pinch of black pepper
- Slice the onion into wedges; the jalapeno in half and take away seeds, and add each a meals processor. Pulse a couple of occasions to roughly chop.
- Add cooked candy potato and the black beans, reserving ⅓ cup beans. Course of till principally easy.
- Add remaining elements, together with reserved beans, to a medium mixing bowl. Add processed potato combination to bowl and stir to mix.
- Place the bowl of burger elements within the fridge to sit back for 20 minutes. Throughout this time, preheat the oven to 400 F if baking, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- As soon as chilled, divide the combination into 6-8 “patties” and place on the ready baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes both sides, spraying with oil if desired. If not baking, burgers might also be pan-fried for 3-5 minutes on both sides in non-stick pan, utilizing non-stick cooking spray or a contact of oil to prepare dinner, if wanted.
- Serve on a bun along with your favorite burger toppings equivalent to mustard, ketchup, onion, lettuce and tomato.
Use this tutorial for how to bake sweet potatoes if you happen to don’t have any ready.
Corn might be thawed frozen or canned that has been rained and rinsed.
I used Chosen Meals Avocado spray for each pan-fried and to spray those within the oven in order that they browned properly.
Leftover patties might be saved within the fridge for as much as 5 days or frozen for as much as 3 months.
- Serving Dimension: 1 burger
- Energy: 160
- Sugar: 3.4 g
- Sodium: 481 mg
- Fats: 2.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 28.3 g
- Fiber: 8.6 g
- Protein: 7.6 g
Key phrases: black bean burgers, candy potato black bean burger recipe
#Vegan #Candy #Potato #Black #Bean #Burgers