Do this creamy vegan roasted crimson pepper pasta recipe for a fast, straightforward and scrumptious meal that’s prepared in half-hour.
Desk of Contents
Concerning the Recipe
This recipe makes use of cannellini beans, or white kidney beans, and roasted crimson peppers to make a creamy roasted crimson pepper sauce that’s good combined with any cooked pasta for a simple meal.
When you’re uninterested in making the identical pasta dish again and again, this can be a nice recipe to modify issues up and is certain to make it into common rotation. It’s additionally an straightforward solution to embody extra beans in your weight loss plan.
Serve the creamy sauce with pasta of alternative for a family-friendly weeknight meal that’s easy, nutritious and engaging.
On the lookout for extra vegan pasta recipes? You’ll have to do this Lemon Garlic Orzo with Roasted Vegetables, Creamy Vegan Sun Dried Tomato Pasta, Vegan Carbonara or Vegan One Pot Pasta with Kale and Mushroom subsequent.
- Pasta: You should utilize any pasta selection you take pleasure in. I discover shapes that maintain sauce nicely are the yummiest, attempt rigatoni, penne, fusilli, linguini and pappardelle.
- Olive oil: This may be substituted with broth or water for an oil-free recipe. Vegan butter, avocado oil and even coconut oil works too.
- Shallots: When you don’t have shallots available, white, yellow or crimson onion works.
- Roasted Purple Peppers: You should utilize store-bought roasted crimson peppers in a jar or simply make your individual – how to make roasted red peppers. You’ll want lower than 20 minutes to make your individual. You too can use roasted crimson peppers in Roasted Red Pepper Hummus and Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Soup.
- Cannellini Beans: Provides protein, fiber, and creaminess to the pasta sauce without having heavy cream or cashews. In addition they maintain the dish decrease in fats and energy than most creamy pasta recipes.
- Dietary Yeast: Provides this pasta dish a yummy nutty, cheese taste whereas conserving the recipe dairy-free and including further protein.
- Unsweetened Almond Milk: This may be substituted with cashew milk or one other non-dairy milk of alternative.
- Contemporary Herbs: Contemporary basil or parsley make an excellent taste addition when tossed into the sauce. When you don’t have contemporary herbs available, you possibly can substituted them with 1-2 tsp dried herbs. Italian seasoning works in the event you don’t have parsley and basil available.
Please see the recipe card on the finish of the put up for the total ingredient record with measurements.
- Spicy Roasted Purple Pepper Pasta: Give this dish a kick of spice by mixing chili flakes or cayenne pepper to the sauce or topping the ultimate dish with crimson pepper flakes.
- For Spinach or Kale Roasted Purple Pepper Pasta: Greens can be finely chopped and combined in on the finish till wilted.
- For Creamy Cashew Roasted Purple Pepper Pasta: Swap the white beans for 1 can of full-fat coconut milk or uncooked cashews which were soaked for 4+ hours. When you don’t have a high-speed blender, soak in a single day. You should utilize this Vegan Creamy Pumpkin Pasta, Creamy Vegan Sun Dried Tomato Pasta or Easy Creamy Vegan Carbonara in the event you want extra recommendations on making a coconut or cashew cream sauce.
- To extend the protein: attempt including these lentil meatballs, vegan sausage, cubed tofu, tempeh, or add a can of drained and rinsed chickpeas to the ultimate product.
- Low-Carb Possibility: Serve over zucchini noodles.
- Gluten-Free Possibility: Use any gluten-free pasta similar to brown rice pasta, chickpea pasta or quinoa pasta.
- Smoky Taste: Add 1 tsp smoked paprika to sauce within the blender.
- Lemon: Lemon juice and/or lemon zest is a pleasant addition to the sauce.
- Additional Veggies: You may add any further veggies you want together with the shallot and garlic. Attempt diced carrot, chopped mushroom, broccoli florets, diced zucchini, chopped asparagus or cherry tomatoes. You might have to cook dinner a bit longer for more durable veggies like asparagus and broccoli, these is also roasted and stirred in on the finish. Inexperienced peas may be stirred in on the finish.
- Different Additions: Attempt solar dried tomatoes, capers or kalamata or black olives for extra Mediterranean taste.
- Serving: Attempt your pasta topped with a spoonful of tofu ricotta, vegan parmesan cheese, dietary yeast, pine nuts and contemporary basil or parsley.
Step 1: Deliver a big pot of salty water to a boil and cook dinner the pasta al dente in keeping with the directions on the pasta you’re utilizing.
Earlier than you drain the pasta, scoop off 1-2 cups of the pasta cooking water. You might not want it however if you wish to modify the consistency of the ultimate dish, this can be a great way so as to add creaminess.
Step 2. Warmth the olive oil over medium warmth in a skillet. Add the chopped shallot, garlic and salt and pepper to a medium skillet and saute for 5-7 minutes or till they turn out to be aromatic and delicate.
Step 3. Add the cooked shallot and garlic combination to a high-speed blender together with the roasted crimson peppers, cannellini beans, dietary yeast, and almond milk. Mix till you have got a creamy sauce.
Step 4. As soon as the pasta is cooked and drained, add it again to the pot and pour the roasted crimson pepper sauce over high. Sprinkle with contemporary parsley or basil and toss till the entire pasta is coated in sauce.
When you’d like to regulate the thickness of the sauce in any respect, stir in a bit of of the reserved pasta water 1/4 cup at at time.
Positive! Roasted crimson peppers are straightforward to make at dwelling. All you’ll want is crimson bell peppers and 15-20 minutes to make them. Discover all the main points right here: how to make roasted red peppers.
It may be! Simply use a gluten-free pasta of alternative similar to quinoa pasta, brown rice pasta, lentil pasta or chickpea pasta. You may additionally used spiralized veggie noodles like candy potato, carrot or zucchini for a low-carb choice/
For a creamy various to white beans you should use soaked uncooked cashews.
Leftover crimson pepper pasta may be saved within the fridge for 4-5 days in an hermetic container earlier than reheating and serving.
You probably have any leftover sauce, you possibly can freeze it in an hermetic container or freezer-safe bag with as a lot air eliminated as attainable for 3-4 months.
Upon thawing in a single day within the fridge, the sauce might have to be blended once more with a little bit of plant-based milk to resume its texture.
You may however I discover you get the creamiest consequence with a high-speed blender.
Did you do this recipe? I’d love to listen to about it! Discover the remark part to depart a star score and evaluation.
Take pleasure in this creamy crimson pepper sauce with any pasta for a fast dinner that’s certain to be a household favorite.
- 16 oz. raw pasta, any form similar to rotini, penne, bowls or fusilli
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (30 ml)
- 2 giant shallots, chopped (approx. 1/3 cup )
- 3 giant cloves of garlic, minced (approx. 2 tbsp)
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper, to style
- 16 oz. jar roasted crimson peppers packed in water, drained
- ½ cup cannellini beans (white kidney beans), drained and rinsed (115 g)
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast (25 g)
- 1 ¼ cups unsweetened non-dairy milk (295 mL)
- ¼ cup chopped contemporary parsley or basil (5 g)
- Prepare dinner Pasta: Deliver a big pot of closely salted water to a boil. As soon as boiling, add pasta and cook dinner in keeping with package deal instructions till al dente.
- Saute Garlic & Shallot: Whereas the pasta cooks, add the olive oil to a skillet over medium-low warmth. As soon as sizzling, add shallots, garlic and season with salt and pepper. Prepare dinner till softened, about 4-5 minutes.
- Mix Sauce: Switch the shallots and garlic to a blender. Add the roasted crimson peppers, cannellini beans, nutritional yeast and almond milk. Mix till clean. Season with salt and pepper to style.
- Combine Pasta and Sauce: Drain the pasta then return to the pot. Pour the roasted crimson pepper sauce into the pot and toss with pasta till nicely mixed.
- Add Herbs: Add the parsley or basil into the pot and stir to include.
- Serve: Serve with one other sprinkle of contemporary herbs and further nutritional yeast or dairy-free parmesan cheese.
- Serving Measurement: 1/4 of recipe
- Energy: 546
- Fats: 8 g
- Carbohydrates: 101 g
- Fiber: 15 g
- Protein: 24 g
Key phrases: roasted crimson pepper pasta, vegan roasted crimson pepper pasta
#Creamy #Vegan #Roasted #Purple #Pepper #Pasta