Put a brand new scrumptious and nutritious spin on conventional Thanksgiving stuffing with this quinoa stuffing recipe. Made multi functional Dutch oven and prepared in solely 40 minutes, you’re Thanksgiving meal couldn’t get any simpler. It’s easy, wholesome, and stuffed with all the autumn flavors you’re keen on.
When the vacation season comes alongside, we will’t assist however crave each nice dish served on Thanksgiving day. A type of dishes is stuffing. Whereas conventional stuffing might by no means get replaced, it’s good to modify issues up each every now and then. This savory quinoa stuffing is the proper different for a gluten-free choice or simply so as to add some selection to your vacation meal.
Hearty substances like floor pork sausage, veggies, butternut squash, quinoa, recent herbs, tart cranberries, and crunchy pecans all get cooked in your broth of selection in a simple Dutch oven for final comfort. Plus, it’s simple to make it vegan or vegetarian if wanted. It’s a Thanksgiving aspect dish, made simple!
What You Want for Quinoa Stuffing
We used a big 7 or 8-quart Dutch oven for this recipe as a result of it holds warmth properly and has a canopy. A pot will work, however the prepare dinner time might range barely.
Spotlight substances on this recipe are quinoa, butternut squash, butternut squash, and dried fruit. The combo of textures and flavors makes this stuffing a celebration in your mouth.
The Nice Jones “The Dutchess” is our favourite Dutch oven for on daily basis cooking. It’s nice for one-pot meals, soups, and extra!
Get our Prime 10 5-Star Recipes!
Be a part of our electronic mail listing for brand spanking new recipes and BONUS: get our high 10 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ recipes e-book!
Variations and Substitutions for Quinoa Stuffing
Floor pork sausage: For meat eaters, you’ll be able to sub this out with floor beef, turkey, or rooster in case you want. Should you’re vegetarian, plant-based floor meat additionally works.
Butternut squash: Sub out the butternut squash with candy potatoes for a distinct taste expertise! It’ll nonetheless style superb.
Multicolored quinoa: Purple quinoa, white quinoa, or black quinoa are all nice options.
White wine choices: We suggest utilizing a dry chardonnay or a Sauvignon blanc for this gluten-free stuffing recipe.
Ideas for Quinoa Stuffing
- Make this stuffing forward of time for straightforward vacation planning. Merely retailer the cooked stuffing in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 4 days. When it’s time to serve, reheat it within the oven at 350°F for 15-20 minutes, or till heated by way of.
- If there’s extra liquid within the Dutch oven after the bake time, preserve the duvet on to permit the quinoa to soak up the remaining liquid.
Serving Solutions with Quinoa Stuffing
Aiming to host a Thanksgiving dinner that retains all dietary restrictions in thoughts? Effectively, you’ve come to the fitting place. We’ve acquired a ton of vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free Thanksgiving choices obtainable. Listed below are simply a few of our private favs:
Quinoa Stuffing with Butternut Squash
This quinoa stuffing combines hearty fall flavors and cooks all of them up in a Dutch oven to create a Thanksgiving dinner that the entire household will fall in love with.
Prepare dinner:40 minutes
Complete:1 hour 10 minutes
- ½ pound plant-based floor OR floor pork sausage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ yellow onion minced
- 1.5 teaspoons sea salt separated
- 8 oz. Bella mushrooms cleaned and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- ½ cup dry white wine dry chardonnay or a Sauvignon blanc
- 2 massive celery stalks chopped
- 5 cups butternut squash peeled, uncooked, and cubed into ¾-inch or 1-inch cubes, or candy potatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1.5 cups multicolored quinoa
- 3 cups broth turkey, rooster, or vegetable
- ¾ cup chopped dried apricots
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon recent thyme leaves
Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
Warmth a 7 or 8-quart Dutch oven over medium/excessive warmth. Add the pork sausage and partially prepare dinner for 3-4 minutes. Add the onion and ½ teaspoon of salt to the sausage. Toss and saute for 2-3 minutes.
Add the olive oil and the mushrooms and prepare dinner for an additional 2-3 minutes. Add garlic till aromatic, about 1 minute.
Deglaze the pan with the white wine, scraping any brown bits from the underside of the pan. Add the celery and butternut squash and convey to a delicate simmer.
Take away from warmth and add the rosemary, thyme, sage, quinoa, broth, apricots, cranberries, pecans, and the remaining salt. Toss till mixed.
Cowl and bake for 40 minutes, tossing midway by way of the bake time.
Take away from the oven when a lot of the liquid has been absorbed. Let relaxation for five minutes earlier than uncovering.
Fluff with a fork and high with recent thyme and serve.
Ideas & Notes
- To make this recipe vegetarian substituting the pork with a plant-based floor or skipping all of it collectively.
- Floor pork may be changed with floor rooster or floor turkey.
- Butternut Squash may be changed with acorn squash or candy potatoes.
Energy: 307kcal Carbohydrates: 37g Protein: 10g Fats: 13g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 8g
#Quinoa #Stuffing #Butternut #Squash