Do you’ve Thanksgiving turkey leftovers that you just don’t know what to do with? This leftover turkey pot pie is the right method to benefit from the consolation meals of Thanksgiving dinner multi function savory pie. It’s straightforward, handy, and an answer for utilizing up that leftover turkey.
Let Thanksgiving carry on giving with this Turkey Pot Pie recipe! We love discovering artistic methods to make use of up that leftover turkey and let this be your new favourite. This recipe is just made with store-bought pie crust and frozen greens together with a creamy sauce.
My husband and child Gus (1 yr previous!) beloved this recipe a lot. I like that it’s protein-packed and there are such a lot of veggies.
Make your turkey pot pie filling with blended veggies and shredded turkey. Switch the creamy filling to the pie crust, assemble, and bake till an attractive golden brown. Welcome to one of the simplest ways to get pleasure from a leftover Thanksgiving turkey!
What’s in Selfmade Turkey Pot Pie?
- Retailer-bought pie crusts: we used a store-bought pie crust for a faster and simpler prep time.
- All-purpose flour: all-purpose flour acts as a thickening agent for the turkey pot pie filling.
- Rooster broth: we used rooster broth as the bottom for our creamy filling.
- 2% milk: our filling is made creamy with the addition of two% milk.
- Shredded turkey: deplete your leftover Thanksgiving turkey for this hearty pot pie!
- Frozen vegetable combine: save time and use a frozen vegetable combine. Select your favourite!
Earlier than Getting Began You Additionally Want:
- 9-inch pie pan: You’ll want a pie pan to bake the right flaky pie crust.
- Cookie cutters (non-obligatory): If you want to create a design on the highest of the pot pie, mud a countertop with flour and roll the additional pie crust out, about ¼-½ inch thick. Use a cookie cutter to chop out designs (leaves, flowers, and so forth.) after which place them on prime of the pie. Brush the cut-outs with melted butter in order that they brown a bit greater than the pie.
Get our High 10 5-Star Recipes!
Be a part of our e mail listing for brand spanking new recipes and BONUS: get our prime 10 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ recipes e-book!
Variations and Substitutions
- Retailer-bought pie crust: You’re welcome to make a do-it-yourself pie crust for those who’d like. We selected store-bought for comfort.
- Chicken broth: Be happy to sub the rooster broth with turkey broth or vegetable broth as an alternative.
- Shredded turkey: Shredded rooster can be utilized instead of turkey for those who don’t occur to have leftover turkey.
- Frozen vegetable combine: Leftover Thanksgiving day greens can be utilized instead of mushrooms and frozen greens.
Talking of turkey broth, save your turkey carcass and make your individual turkey broth with it.
Can I make mini pies as an alternative of a full-sized leftover turkey pot pie?
After all! Mini pies are an effective way to make use of up leftover turkey and different vacation dishes. They’re additionally excellent for portion management and make for a enjoyable twist on conventional pot pie.
To make mini pies, you will want small pie dishes or ramekins that may maintain about 1-2 servings every. You need to use store-bought pie crust or make your individual, then fill the mini pies along with your pie filling. Simply be aware that your pies will bake a lot sooner than a standard pot pie, so regulate them and alter the baking time accordingly.
What’s one of the simplest ways to reheat turkey pot pie?
The easiest way to reheat turkey pot pie is by utilizing your oven. Place the dish in a preheated 350ºF oven coated with foil and bake for 10-20 minutes, relying on how a lot is left.
Storage + Freezer Instructions
Retailer any leftover turkey pot pie in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 5 days. You might additionally depart it within the pie tin coated with aluminum foil for those who’d like.
To freeze, place your turkey pot pie in a freezer-safe, hermetic container and retailer it within the freezer for as much as 3 months.
Questioning what tastes good with leftover turkey pot pie? We at Match Foodie Finds bought your again. We love how properly this leftover turkey pot pie goes with veggie dishes like our Healthy Green Bean Casserole and Garlic Glazed Carrots.
Craving one thing a bit extra distinctive? This Sausage Stuffing and Crispy Brussels Sprouts Salad are each wow-worthy. And for dessert, this Easy Apple Crisp or High Protein Pumpkin Cheesecake will take you to autumn heaven.
Leftover Turkey Pot Pie
Extremely tasty and filling turkey pot pie made with leftover Thanksgiving turkey, store-bought pie crust, and frozen veggies for a easy manner to make use of up that turkey!
Prepare dinner:50 minutes
Whole:1 hour 10 minutes
- 2 store-bought pie crusts thawed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ giant yellow onion minced
- 1.5 teaspoons salt separated
- 8 oz. Bella mushrooms diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup 2 % milk
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1-1.5 lbs. shredded turkey
- 10 oz. frozen vegetable combine thawed (~2 cups)
Preheat the oven to 425ºF and ensure the pie crusts are thawed. Line a 9-inch pie pan with one of many crusts.
Warmth the olive oil in a big pot over medium/excessive warmth. Add the onions and season with ¼ teaspoon of salt. Saue the onion for 4-5 minutes.
Add the mushrooms to the pot and season them with one other ¼ teaspoon of salt. Saute them for a further 4-5 minutes till the mushrooms are cooked down and any extra liquid is cooked off. Add the garlic and saute for a further minute. Switch the vegetable combination to a bowl and put aside.
In the identical pot, soften the butter over medium warmth. When the butter is melted add the flour and dried thyme and whisk the substances collectively. Prepare dinner them for about 1 minute.
Slowly add broth and milk to the pot and whisk the combination till it begins to thicken.
As soon as thickened, take away the pot from the warmth. Add the black pepper, turkey, cooked greens, the remaining salt, and the thawed frozen greens. Combine till all the substances are coated within the roux.
Switch the combination to the pie crust. Rigorously prime the greens with the second pie crust. Pinch the sides of the pie collectively to safe the filling. Minimize off any extra pie dough from the sides. Discard or roll out the crust and use the extra pie crust to create a design for the highest of the pie.*
Place the pie within the oven and bake for 40-50 minutes. Place a baking sheet on the shelf beneath to catch any bubbly overflow. Verify the pie midway by the baking time. If the highest of the pie is already browning midway by, cowl the pie with tin foil and proceed to bake. The pie is completed when there’s a little bit of effervescent over the sides.
Take away from the oven and let it relaxation for 10-Quarter-hour.
Suggestions & Notes
- If you want to create a design on the highest of the pot pie, mud a countertop with flour and roll the additional pie crust out, about ¼-½ inch thick. Use a cookie cutter to chop out designs (leaves, flowers, and so forth.) after which place them on prime of the pie. Brush the cut-outs with melted butter in order that they brown a bit greater than the pie.
- Shredded rooster can be utilized instead of turkey.
- Leftover Thanksgiving day greens can be utilized instead of mushrooms and frozen greens.
Energy: 538kcal Carbohydrates: 42g Protein: 27g Fats: 29g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 3g
#Leftover #Turkey #Pot #Pie #Match #Foodie #Finds