A simple goji berry balls recipe for dried goji berries you may make in 10 minutes with simply 4 easy substances.
What are goji berries?
Goji berries, also referred to as wolf berries, are small pink or orange-red berries that come from the Lycium barbarum plant and have a barely candy and tart flavour.
Goji berries have been used for hundreds of years in conventional Chinese language drugs for his or her potential well being advantages. They’re prized for his or her dietary content material, being wealthy in varied nutritional vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and different bioactive compounds.
Their potential well being advantages embrace blood sugar regulation, digestive well being, cognitive operate, eye well being, immune system assist and vitality, in most half because of antioxidants reminiscent of beta-carotene, zeaxanthin, and vitamin C.
Tips on how to Use Goji Berries
Goji berries are often utilized in dried type, very similar to raisins or cranberries. They’ve a chewy texture when dried.
Goji berries may be eaten as a snack, or added to path combine, smoothies, salad dressings, baking, cereal, tea and salads, or utilized in quite a lot of recipes like these vitality balls.
In case you have additional goji berries, they’d make an awesome addition to this Freekeh Salad, Summer Quinoa Salad, Wild Rice Salad, Tuscan Kale Salad, or you might mix them right into a smoothie like this Papaya Smoothie or Beet Orange Smoothie.
The complete ingredient record with measurements is situated within the recipe card under.
- Dates: You should utilize any number of dates are lengthy as they’re delicate and moist. In case your dates are overly dry, soak them in scorching water then drain properly earlier than utilizing within the recipe.
- Cashews: Use plain, uncooked cashews with no added oil or salt. You’ll be able to substitute different nuts reminiscent of almonds, walnuts or pecans or use a mix of nuts. For a nut-free possibility, you should use sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds.
- Goji Berries: Search for dried goji berries. They’re available on-line, in well-stocked grocery shops or in well being meals shops.
- Cacao Nibs: You’ll be able to omit these if you happen to want, or substitute chopped darkish chocolate, chocolate chips or mini chocolate chips.
- Vanilla: Vanilla provides a very nice flavour however is optionally available. A pinch of salt and cinnamon may also assist improve the flavour.
Variations & Additions
- Coconut Goji Berry Balls: Cut back the cashews to 1/2 cup and add 1 cup high-quality or medium shredded coconut (desiccated coconut).
- Chocolate-Coated Goji Balls: Dip the balls in melted darkish chocolate or drizzle over high of them on a baking sheet and set within the fridge unit agency.
- Spices: Incorporate warming spices like ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, or cardamom for an additional layer of taste.
- Ginger: Attempt including 2-3 tbsp grated recent ginger.
- Matcha: Add 1-2 tbsp matcha powder for an earthy flavour and inexperienced color.
- Maca: Incorporate maca powder for its potential energy-boosting properties.
- Citrus: Add 1-3 tbsp lemon juice and/or lemon zest, lime zest or orange zest for a refreshing flavour.
- Seeds: Add as much as 1/3 cup chia seeds or hemp seeds for extra wholesome fat and vitamin. If including floor flax, use simply 3-4 tbsp so the balls aren’t too dry.
- Coating: Experiment with completely different coatings on your goji balls, reminiscent of shredded coconut, crushed nuts, cocoa powder, or perhaps a dusting of matcha.
- Oats: Add as much as 1/2 cup rolled oats or substitute the cashews with 1 cup rolled oats.
- Sweetening: Add 1-2 tbsp of pure maple syrup for a sweeter flavour.
- Power Bars: When you want to make vitality bars, line an 8×8-inch baking sheet with parchment paper then firmly press the dough into the plan. Agency within the fridge for an hour or two, then raise out of the pan and slice into bars.
Step 1. Add the entire substances to a meals processor and blend right into a thick, sticky dough you possibly can simply press collectively between your fingers.
Fast Tip: If it’s not sticking collectively, add 1 tsp of heat water and mix once more. That ought to do the trick but when not, repeat as wanted.
Step 2. Use your arms to roll the dough into balls. It is best to get 10-12 balls relying on the scale.
When you’d prefer to coat them in one thing like coconut, go for it!
You’ll be able to omit cacao nibs or substitute darkish chocolate, chocolate chips or mini chocolate chips.
No, you don’t must soak the goji berries earlier than utilizing them in vitality balls. They are often added on to the combination.
For positive! These retailer properly within the fridge for two weeks or freezer for as much as 3 months.
Sure. To make them nut-free, use sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds as a substitute of cashews. You can additionally do a mixture of rolled oats and seeds.
Sure, you should use quite a lot of nuts like almonds, walnuts, or pistachios rather than cashews. It’s also possible to use a mix of nuts.
- Softening Dates: In case your dates are a bit dry, soak them in heat water for about 10-Quarter-hour earlier than mixing. This can assist soften them, making them simpler to mix and leading to a smoother texture.
- Texture: The combination ought to maintain collectively when squeezed however not be too sticky. If it’s too sticky, add a couple of extra cashews. If it’s too crumbly, add extra softened dates or a little bit of nut butter.
- Measuring: For finest outcomes, use a digital scale and observe the listed measurements within the recipe.
- Retailer the completed bites in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 2 weeks or freezer for as much as 2 months.
- They’re okay at room temperature if taking to-go however will get delicate if it’s heat.
Did you do that recipe?
I’d love to listen to about it! Click here to leave a review and make sure to tag me @runningonrealfood if you happen to put up it on social media.
These scrumptious no-bake goji berry vitality balls are full of vitamins thank to superfoods like goji berries and cacao nibs and make a scrumptious candy deal with.
- Place all substances in a food processor and blend right into a thick, sticky dough you possibly can simply press collectively between your fingers. If it’s not sticking, add 1 tsp of heat water and course of once more. That ought to do the trick, but when not, repeat 1-2 occasions till it does.
- Roll into 10-12 balls relying on desired measurement and retailer in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 2 weeks or freezer for as much as 2 months.
Cacao nibs may be substituted with chocolate chips or darkish chocolate.
Make sure to use delicate, moist dates as they bind the recipe collectively. In case your dates are overly dry, pit them first then soak in scorching water for Quarter-hour. Drain properly earlier than utilizing within the recipe.
- Serving Measurement: 1 ball
- Energy: 128
- Sugar: 16 g
- Sodium: 15 mg
- Fats: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 21 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 3 g
Key phrases: goji berry balls, goji berry recipe
Initially revealed on September 15, 2016.
#Straightforward #Goji #Berry #Balls #Recipe