These extremely wealthy and creamy crockpot mashed potatoes feed a crowd! No boiling or useful oven house required for this basic vacation aspect dish recipe.
Creamy, dreamy, savory mashed potatoes – is there actually any higher vacation aspect? I don’t assume so! Made within the crockpot with solely 7 easy components, it’s by no means been simpler to whip up such a quintessential aspect.
We love this crockpot mashed potatoes recipe for a lot of causes – the creaminess, style, and texture can’t be beat. However we additionally adore it as a result of it’s simple! No boiling required, no treasured oven or stovetop house wanted, and it doesn’t require a lot hands-on time. Hold this basic mashed potatoes recipe in your again pocket this vacation season.
What’s in crockpot mashed potatoes?
These gradual cooker mashed potatoes come along with 7 primary components you probably have readily available already. You want:
- Cream Cheese (my mother taught me this one!)
- Greek Yogurt or Bitter Cream
What sort of potatoes ought to I take advantage of for mashed potatoes?
Yukon gold potatoes are the most effective potatoes for mashed potatoes. Whereas different potatoes work in a pinch, Yukon gold are far superior!
Get our Prime 10 5-Star Recipes!
Be part of our e mail record for brand spanking new recipes and BONUS: get our prime 10 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ recipes e-book!
Variations of Crockpot Mashed Potatoes
This recipe is for traditional, creamy mashed potatoes. Put your individual spin on it with any of the next:
- Potatoes: As an alternative of Yukon gold potatoes, use Russet potatoes, crimson potatoes, or Idaho potatoes.
- Bitter Cream: We love these mashed potatoes with plain 2% fats Greek yogurt, however bitter cream is a scrumptious, tangy different.
- Toppings: Prime mashed potatoes with extra butter and chopped chives, shredded cheddar or parmesan cheese, and crumbled bacon for the last word aspect. You might even arrange a mashed potato bar this vacation season!
- Vegan: For vegan mashed potatoes, substitute the rooster broth with vegetable broth, and use vegan variations of cream cheese, butter, and yogurt/bitter cream.
What sort of potatoes are greatest for crockpot mashed potatoes?
We hands-down advocate utilizing Yukon gold potatoes as a result of they’ve a softer pores and skin and are so creamy when mashed. However, you possibly can actually use any type of potato – select no matter variety you want greatest. Just a few others that may be scrumptious as mashed potatoes are Russet potatoes, crimson potatoes, or Idaho potatoes.
Must you peel the potatoes first?
You’ll discover in our recipe, we don’t peel the potatoes. We love leaving the pores and skin on for added texture, however it’s completely as much as you! In case you’d like to make use of peeled potatoes, peel them earlier than chopping.
How massive ought to the potatoes be?
You’ll want about 6 kilos of Yukon gold potatoes. For greatest outcomes, attempt to preserve the potato chunks equally sized – this ensures the potatoes cook dinner evenly. We advocate slicing them into about 1-inch chunks. Any larger and so they’ll take even longer to cook dinner.
Storing Crockpot Mashed Potatoes
As soon as the mashed potatoes are utterly cool, switch to an hermetic container and refrigerate for as much as 5 days.
To Reheat: Be at liberty to reheat your crockpot mashed potatoes proper within the gradual cooker on excessive (or within the microwave). Add a bit of broth and blend all the pieces collectively. Warmth till warmed via.
We don’t advocate freezing mashed potatoes. The feel and consistency of the potatoes turns into grainy and never that tasty. Crockpot mashed potatoes are greatest loved contemporary (or reheated as refrigerated leftovers).
We normally make these crockpot mashed potatoes for the vacations, however they’re scrumptious any time of 12 months! Wealthy and creamy crockpot mashed potatoes pair properly with any of those holiday-worthy recipes together with:
Crockpot Mashed Potatoes
These creamy, buttery, scrumptious crockpot mashed potatoes are made with simply 7 components. Release your oven and stovetop with this simple vacation aspect dish recipe.
Prepare dinner:5 hours
Complete:5 hours 15 minutes
- Contemporary thyme
- Contemporary sage
- Salted butter
- Salt and pepper to style
- Contemporary chives
Spray a gradual cooker insert with nonstick cooking spray.
Add the chopped potatoes, broth, salt, pepper, and garlic powder to the gradual cooker. Combine till properly mixed.
Break the cream cheese into 4-5 items and place on prime of the potatoes. Repeat with the 4 tablespoons of butter.
Place the lid in your gradual cooker and cook dinner on low for five hours, stirring sometimes.
When the potatoes collapse to the contact and are fork-tender, uncover the gradual cooker and stir the components collectively.
Add the Greek yogurt (or bitter cream) to the gradual cooker and stir once more till mixed.
Use a hand mixer, immersion blender, or potato masher to mash the potatoes till they’ve a thick and creamy consistency. Be at liberty to go away them chunkier if that is your jam, however ensure that to not over combine!
Serve instantly and garnish along with your favourite toppings together with contemporary herbs, butter, salt, pepper, or chives.
Ideas & Notes
- Storage: Retailer mashed potatoes in an hermetic container and refrigerate for as much as 5 days.
- Reheating Directions: Be at liberty to reheat your crockpot mashed potatoes proper within the gradual cooker on excessive (or within the microwave). Add a bit of broth and blend all the pieces collectively. Warmth till warmed via.
- Potatoes: We stored the pores and skin on the potatoes. In case you choose peeled potatoes, peel them earlier than chopping. The larger your potato chunks, the longer they may take to cook dinner within the gradual cooker.
Energy: 243kcal Carbohydrates: 41g Protein: 2g Fats: 7g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 1g
Images: images taken on this submit are by Erin from The Picket Skillet.
#Crockpot #Mashed #Potatoes #Recipe #Match #Foodie #Finds