This vegan coconut macaroons recipe is simple to make with simply 4 easy elements. Excellent for Christmas or anytime of yr!
Desk of Contents
These vegan coconut macaroons are completely different than conventional macaroons, so that you gained’t want flour, cornstarch, condensed milk or egg whites.
As a substitute, the recipe requires blended coconut and cashews, which launch oils serving to to carry the macaroons collectively as soon as baked. They’re sweetened naturally with dates which add a scrumptious caramel-like taste.
Although a twist on common macaroons, they nonetheless style wonderful and have probably the most scrumptious agency however delicate and chewy texture.
For a chocolate model of this recipe, which may be very related however with cocoa powder, you possibly can strive these Chocolate Macaroons.
These Coconut Almond Macaroons are additionally related however made with maple syrup, almonds and almond flour. In the event you’re a coconut lover, add these Oatmeal Coconut Cookies, Homemade Mounds Bars and No-Bake Vegan Almond Joy Bars to your listing to make subsequent.
- Chocolate: Use vegan chocolate chips or darkish chocolate chips to maintain the recipe vegan.
- Coconut: Use superb or medium unsweetened coconut (desiccated coconut).
- Dates: Any selection works however I do like delicate and candy medjool dates greatest for this recipe.
- Cashews: Use uncooked, plain cashews with no added oil or salt.
The whole listing of elements with measurements is positioned within the recipe card under.
Variations & Additions
- Low-Sugar/Sugar-Free Choices: For low-sugar macaroons, use 70-90% darkish chocolate as a substitute of chocolate chips. For sugar-free macaroons, use sugar-free chocolate of alternative, reminiscent of Lily’s.
- Ornament: Drizzle any further melted chocolate over the macaroons then sprinkle with shredded coconut.
- Coconut Taste: To boost the coconut taste, can add 1 tsp coconut extract as a substitute of or along with the vanilla extract.
- Lemon: Add 2 tsp lemon zest for lemon coconut macaroons which can be beautiful for Easter or Mom’s Day.
- Toasted Coconut: To carry out the coconut taste, you possibly can toast the shredded coconut earlier than utilizing within the recipe. Unfold it in a single layer on a baking tray and toast for 5-8 minutes at 350 F, watching carefully to not burn, till mild golden brown.
Step 1. Soak the dates (pitted) in scorching water for quarter-hour then drain properly. It’s superb to depart them moist simply be sure that any extra water has been drained off. Begin preheating oven to 350 F.
Step 2. Whereas the dates are soaking, add the cashews to a meals processor and mix into a rough, grainy flour.
Step 3. Add the coconut shreds to the meals processor and course of till the combination begins to get a bit chunky, oily and nearly paste-like. This may occasionally take a couple of minutes. Ensure you attain this consistency because the launched oils bind the macaroons collectively.
Step 4. Add the ocean salt, vanilla and drained dates and mix for a bit till the combination is totally mixed. It ought to be oily however considerably sticky.
Step 5. Line a baking tray with parchment paper then use a small cookie scoop to create 15-16 macaroons, putting them on the ready baking sheet.
In the event you don’t have a cookie scoop, you should use your fingers or a rounded tablespoon to form 1.5-2 inch vast domes.
Step 6. Bake the macaroons for 12 minutes within the preheated oven then let cool on the pan for no less than Half-hour.
They are going to be fragile after they come out of the oven, so keep away from dealing with them till they’ve firmed.
Step 7. While you’re prepared, soften the chocolate in a double boiler or within the microwave in a microwave protected bowl 15-second intervals till clean and creamy, taking care to not burn it.
Step 8. Press every macaroons into the melted chocolate so the chocolate reaches up the perimeters a bit. Place them again on the baking tray as soon as dipped in chocolate.
When you’ve dipped all of them, place them within the fridge for 20-Half-hour till the chocolate has hardened. As soon as the chocolate bottoms are set, get pleasure from your macaroons!
This recipe works greatest with uncooked cashews. I don’t advocate substituting them.
Sure. These freeze very properly and can maintain in an hermetic container for 3-4 months.
In the event you aren’t freezing them, retailer within the fridge in an hermetic container for as much as 2 weeks. You possibly can maintain them at room temperature however as a result of fat and chocolate, they’ll greatest saved chilled so that they don’t soften.
- Cooling: They are going to be delicate and fragile after they come out of the oven, so resist dealing with them till they’ve firmed up for no less than a half hour. In the event you rush this they might crumble if you dip them within the chocolate.
- Chocolate: For a neater methodology, easy drizzle melted chocolate over the baked macaroons on the pan and chill to set.
- Melting Chocolate: If utilizing the microwave, soften in two or three 15-second increments, giving it a fast stir in between, then simply stir to soften in any remaining chunks. This can forestall burning the chocolate.
Did you do that recipe? I’d love to listen to about it! Scroll all the way down to the remark part to depart a star score and assessment.
The perfect vegan coconut macaroons made with simply 4 easy elements for a straightforward recipe excellent for particular events.
- Soak Dates: Place the pitted dates in a bowl and canopy with scorching water. Soak for no less than quarter-hour then drain properly, shaking off any extra water.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Mix Cashews: Place the cashews in a food processor and course of for 30-45 seconds till damaged down into a rough, grainy flour. If there are just a few bigger items left behind, that’s okay.
- Add Coconut: Add the coconut flakes and course of till it begins to turn out to be a bit oily and nearly paste-like. It’s best to begin to see bits of paste sticking to the facet of the food processor. This may take a couple of minutes. Ensure you obtain this pasty consistency because the launched oils are what bind the macaroons collectively.
- Add Dates and Salt: Add the soaked dates, sea salt and vanilla (if utilizing) and course of till utterly mixed. The combination ought to be oily however considerably sticky.
- Create Macaroons: Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper then use a small cookie scoop to create every macaroon. In the event you don’t have a scoop, you should use your fingers to form the dough into little domes. It’s best to get 15-16 macaroons, putting every on the ready tray.
- Bake: Bake for 12 minutes then take away from the oven and let cool on the pan for no less than Half-hour. They are going to be delicate and fragile if you take them out of the oven so don’t deal with them till they’ve firmed up for no less than Half-hour.
- Soften Chocolate: While you’re prepared, soften the chocolate in a double boiler or in a microwave-safe bowl within the microwave in 15-second intervals (stir between every increment) till utterly clean and creamy.
- Dip Macaroons: Press the underside of every macaroon into the melted chocolate so the chocolate coats the underside and about 1/eighth of an inch up the perimeters. When you’ve coated all of them, place your complete tray within the fridge for about Half-hour to agency.
- As soon as the chocolate is about, get pleasure from!
Storing: Retailer in a sealed container within the fridge for as much as 2 weeks or freezer for as much as 3 months. I advisable preserving them within the fridge till simply earlier than serving because the chocolate might soften if will get heat. They are often saved at room temperature for as much as 4 days if saved cool.
- Serving Dimension: 1
- Energy: 180
- Sugar: 6.2 g
- Fats: 15 g
- Carbohydrates: 11 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 3 g
Key phrases: simple coconut macaroons, wholesome coconut macaroons
#4Ingredient #Simple #Vegan #Coconut #Macaroons