Prepared in underneath and hour, the entire household will love this dinner recipe for broccoli and cheese stuffed hen breast. Seared then baked, every stuffed hen breast stays moist on the within with a pleasant crisp on the skin.
If you happen to’re in a dinner rut, combine issues up with this protein-packed stuffed chicken breast recipe. Every breast is coated with a dry rub, crammed with a creamy and tacky broccoli filling, and cooked to golden perfection.
Each time we make our stuffed hen (or stuffed pork chop) recipes, we’re all the time in awe of how easy they’re to make but how fancy they appear. Stuffed hen breasts are spectacular sufficient for a celebratory meal and easy sufficient for a weeknight dinner. Irrespective of the event, these hen breasts are filled with taste and tacky goodness everybody enjoys!
What you want for broccoli and cheese stuffed hen breast
There are 2 elements to this stuffed hen breast recipe – the hen and the filling. Right here’s what you want for every:
Rooster & Dry Rub
- Boneless, skinless hen breasts (this recipe makes 4)
- Dry rub spices together with garlic powder, chili powder, dried thyme, pink pepper flakes, salt, and pepper
- Olive oil (or avocado oil)
Broccoli & cheese stuffing
- We like to make use of shredded cheddar cheese, however be at liberty to make use of shredded Colby jack, white cheddar, or perhaps a Mexican mix
- Any proportion of plain Greek yogurt
- Full-fat cream cheese for the perfect taste and texture
- Freshly minced or jarred garlic
- Recent (not frozen!) chopped broccoli florets
Dry Rub: Be at liberty to exchange all the dry rub spices with 2 tablespoons of chicken seasoning. It’s our-go to for many of our hen recipes!
Filling: As an alternative of a broccoli and cheese filling, strive cream cheese + caramelized onions, asparagus + parmesan cheese, our spinach stuffed chicken breast, or caprese stuffed chicken breast.
How do you put together the hen breasts for stuffing?
Lower every hen breast in half lengthwise, leaving the hen breast linked on one facet to create a flap. Make certain to sprinkle the spice rub on all sides of the hen breast, together with within the flap.
Are you able to make stuffed hen breasts forward of time?
Positively! Comply with the recipe by step 8. Cowl and refrigerate the stuffed uncooked hen breasts for as much as 8 hours. When able to serve, proceed with the recipe as written.
How have you learnt when the stuffed hen breast is cooked?
These stuffed hen breasts are cooked by when the interior temperature of the hen is 165ºF. Use a meat thermometer to verify the interior temperature is 165ºF.
Is stuffed hen breast wholesome?
Sure, it is a wholesome stuffed hen breast recipe and a terrific wholesome dinner choice! This stuffed hen has 49 grams of protein per hen breast and a serving of veggies stuffed proper into the hen.
Stuffed Pork Chops
These stuffed pork chops are crunchy on the skin and filled with tacky mushroom goodness on the within making these the last word weeknight meal.
Let the hen breast cool fully, place in an hermetic container, and refrigerate for as much as 5 days.
As soon as the hen breasts are baked, allow them to cool fully earlier than tightly wrapping every breast in plastic wrap and a layer of foil. Freeze for as much as 3 months.
To reheat: Preheat the oven to 325ºF, unwrap the hen breasts, and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes or till heat all through.
Make stuffed hen breast an entire meal with:
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup cream cheese softened
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 cups broccoli diced into bite-size items
Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
Put together the spice rub. Add the garlic powder, chili powder, dried thyme, pink pepper flakes, salt, and pepper to a small bowl. Combine with a spoon and put aside.
Place the hen breasts on a slicing board and lower the hen in half lengthwise with a pointy knife leaving the hen breast linked, however making a flap.
Sprinkle the spice rub over the hen breast on either side, together with within the flap.
Add the cheddar cheese, Greek yogurt, cream cheese, and minced garlic into a big bowl and blend till mixed.
Subsequent, add the diced broccoli to the Greek yogurt combination and blend the whole lot collectively till the broccoli is coated within the Greek yogurt sauce.
Divide the broccoli combination into fourths.
Stuff a hen breast with 1/4 of the broccoli combination by inserting it in between the flap. Safe the broccoli cheese filling by closing the flap and securing each edges of the hen breast with 2-3 toothpicks or extra till it holds collectively. Repeat with every hen breast.
Warmth a big cast-iron skillet over medium/excessive warmth. Add olive oil. When the olive oil is aromatic add the stuffed hen breast to the pan. Sear for 2-3 minutes on all sides to brown.
Rigorously place the forged iron skillet within the oven (watch out, the deal with is likely to be scorching) and bake at 375ºF for half-hour, flipping midway.
Use a meat thermometer to verify the interior temperature of the hen breast. Make certain it’s not less than 165ºF earlier than eradicating it from the oven. Let relaxation for not less than 5 minutes earlier than consuming.
Suggestions & Notes
- Storage: Let the hen breasts cool fully, place in an hermetic container, and refrigerate for as much as 5 days.
- Freezing Directions: As soon as the hen breasts are baked, allow them to cool fully earlier than tightly wrapping every breast in plastic wrap and a layer of foil. Freeze for as much as 3 months.
- Dry Rub: Be at liberty to exchange all the dry rub spices with 2 tablespoons of chicken seasoning. It’s our-go to for many of our hen recipes!
- Filling Variations: Attempt cream cheese + caramelized onions, asparagus + parmesan cheese, our spinach stuffed chicken breast, or caprese stuffed chicken breast.
Energy: 459kcal Carbohydrates: 7g Protein: 49g Fats: 26g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 2g
#Broccoli #Cheese #Stuffed #Rooster #Breast