These vegan and gluten-free almond flour oatmeal cookies with chocolate chips have a gentle and chewy texture and straightforward to make with just some substances.
- Almond Flour: This recipe is for tremendous almond flour, not almond meal. You should use store-bought almond flour or make your individual from blanched finely floor almonds.
- Oats: Rolled oats (old style oats) are urged for this recipe although you may use fast cooking oats if that’s what you’ve out there. Don’t use metal reduce oats. If wanted, use licensed gluten-free oats.
- Vegan Butter: You should use any model of plant-based butter corresponding to Miyoko’s, Nation Crock or Soften Natural. I just like the butter sticks for comfort. You possibly can substitute softened coconut oil.
- Brown Sugar: Mild brown sugar or darkish brown sugar is appropriate. You possibly can substitute coconut sugar. I just like the flavour of each.
- Sugar: Use any white granulated sugar. For vegan-safe, select natural sugar.
- Flax: Be sure you use floor flax and never entire flax seeds. This acts because the “egg” within the recipe and is required for binding and construction.
- Chocolate Chips: You should use dairy-free chocolate chips, darkish chocolate chips or chopped darkish chocolate. Substitute raisins or use half and half.
Please see the printable recipe card on the backside of the put up for the total record of substances with measurements.
Variations & Add-Ins
- Swap the chocolate chips for raisins for almond flour oatmeal raisin cookies.
- Sprinkle the cookies with coarse sea salt after baking.
- Add as much as 1/2 cup shredded coconut.
- Add spices like cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
- Add 1/2 cup cranberries or swap the chocolate for cranberries for cranberry cookies.
- Add 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, almonds or pecans.
Step 1: Make the flax “egg”.
Combine collectively the bottom flax and water in a small bowl and let it sit for 5-10 minutes when you put together the remainder of the dough.
After 5-10 minutes, the flax “egg” must be thick and considerably slimy – like an egg!
Step 2: Beat collectively moist substances.
In a giant mixing bowl, cream collectively the butter, brown sugar and white sugar till nicely mixed and the sugar is all damaged up. Beat within the flax egg and vanilla as nicely.
Step 3: Mix moist and dry substances.
Add the almond flour, oats, baking soda and salt and blend till you’ve a uniform dough, then combine within the chocolate chips.
Step 4: Bake the cookies.
Use a cookie scoop to portion and the dough into roughly 2 tbsp balls and place them no less than 2-inches aside on a cookie sheet.
Bake them for 13-Quarter-hour till they’re golden brown.
Whereas the primary batch of cookies bake, put together the second batch and place them in again within the fridge till you’re able to bake them.
Step 5: Cool the cookies.
As soon as the cookies have completed baking, allow them to sit on the pan for about 5 minutes earlier than transferring to a cooling rack.
The cookies will likely be fragile straight out of the oven however will agency up as they cool.
This recipe was developed particularly for almond flour and has not been examined with various gluten-free flour like coconut flour or oat flour.
In case you’re assured making swaps for almond flour, go for it. If not, word that almond flour doesn’t substitute 1:1 with different flours so the recipe will want further changes.
You possibly can omit the chilling time if you happen to’re in a rush, simply word that the cookie will unfold extra and be much less chewy.
Be sure you place the cookie dough balls no less than 3-inches aside if you don’t chill the dough.
Sure. To make this recipe sugar-free, use a sugar-free granulated sweetener corresponding to monk fruit and use sugar-free chocolate chips.
You possibly can however the texture will likely be completely different, they received’t bind as nicely and so they’ll be darker in color. I haven’t examined these with almond meal so for finest outcomes, I counsel utilizing almond flour.
This could occur if the flax is previous or only a dangerous batch. Attempt to use recent floor flax that’s been saved in a cool, dry place.
I prefer to buy entire flax seeds and floor them myself in a Vitamix as wanted. I retailer the bottom flax within the fridge or freezer to assist preserve it recent.
Let the cookies cool utterly earlier than storing then retailer in an hermetic container at room temperature for as much as 3 days or within the fridge for as much as 1 week.
Sure. The cookies will be frozen in a freezer-safe container or freezer bag for as much as 4 months. Take pleasure in straight from the freezer or thaw at room temperature earlier than serving.
- Don’t over bake the cookies. They are going to end baking as they cool so take away them from the oven once they’re barely underdone.
- Chill the dough. It’s really useful to relax the dough for no less than half-hour earlier than baking. Although not required, this prevents the cookies from over spreading.
- Measuring. Use a kitchen scale to measure your substances for accuracy, following the listed weights, for finest outcomes. In case you do not need a scale, spoon the almond flour into the measuring cup and stage the highest off with a knife.
- Substitutions. Apart from swapping out the chocolate chips or including issues like nuts or coconut, I don’t advocate substituting the opposite substances as this recipe was developed particularly for almond flour and requires the ingredient ratios listed.
Gluten-Free Cookie Recipes
Did you do this recipe? I’d love to listen to about it! Scroll right down to the remark part to go away a star ranking and evaluation.
Completely gentle and chewy almond flour oatmeal chocolate chip cookies with a crisp exterior and candy, buttery flavour.
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (177˚C) and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine collectively the flaxseed meal and water and let sit for 5-10 minutes when you put together the remainder of the dough.
- In a big bowl, cream collectively the softened butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar till nicely mixed and no giant sugar chunks stay. Beat within the flax “egg” and vanilla extract till nicely mixed.
- Add the almond flour, rolled oats, baking soda, and salt to the bowl. Combine till the dough is uniform. Then, combine within the chocolate chips till simply mixed.
- Cowl the bowl and place within the fridge for no less than half-hour. Chilling the dough helps forestall the cookies from overspreading.
- Roll the dough into ~2 tbsp balls and place no less than 2 inches aside on the primary baking sheet. Place the primary baking sheet within the oven and bake at 350˚F (177˚C) for 13-Quarter-hour, till the cookies are a pleasant golden brown. Whereas the cookies bake, you’ll be able to roll the dough for the second baking sheet.
- Cool cookies on the baking sheet for no less than 5 minutes earlier than transferring to a wire rack. The cookies will end up baking as they sit. You may also begin baking your different tray of cookies within the meantime.
- Serving Measurement: 1 cookie
- Energy: 128
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 126 mg
- Fats: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 3 g
Key phrases: almond flour oatmeal cookies
What to Make Subsequent
#Almond #Flour #Oatmeal #Cookies #Vegan